Monday, June 8, 2009

Lamb in Wolf's Clothing

"Lamb in Wolf's Clothing" is the fourth track from the album "Love Is Not An Open Door." Listen to the track and the album HERE.

I had a good buddy back in elementary school who, when we got to middle school, suddenly started talking to me with scorn. He had hopes of becoming one of the cool kids, i.e. a "wolf," and he thought that hangin' out with me wasn't where it's at. Surely you know the expression "wolf in sheep's clothing." He was the opposite, a lamb in wolf's clothing, consumed with hunger for popularity. Ah, but the true wolves "feasted off (his) foolishness." I entirely lost touch with this dude, and good riddance!

PS: I cannot say whether I coined the phrase "lamb in wolf's clothing," but when you do a google search for the phrase, the link to my song comes up number 9 out of 285,000 entries. Not bad, eh?

PPS: This photo is by Portside. During the photo shoot, she cautioned me not to break the guitar. I was channeling the tradition of Jimi Hendrix and Pete Townshend, but I did not destroy my trusty first guitar, which I started playing at age 13.

No comments: