Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday Edition: My Darling Coffee

Energy. We all crave it. A good night's sleep, exercise, oxygen. . .all these are important. In college, I discovered that coffee is also important to me. During freshman year, to recharge, I got into the habit of drinking some coffee in the morning, and taking a nap at 3 PM. Well, the naps went away b/c unlike in certain countries, the siesta is not generally part of the commercial fabric of U.S. life. Ah, but employers in the U.S. recognize coffee's productivity benefits, and many provide free coffee so as to save time. I've found myself more productive, and more creative, under the influence of coffee, as long as I don't have too much.

Here's a live recording from college (May 1999) of me playing my ode to this wonderful drink, "My Darling Coffee." From the album "Lee Istrail - LIVE (Vol. I), and the recording engineer was Brent Morrison. Brent did a great job of capturing the music and crowd in high quality.
http://amiestreet.com/listen/song/shareListen/1210431/

No comments: