Monday, August 4, 2008

Keryn

Now on to the jazz side. I wrote "Keryn" about a girl I'd met at camp. This was during high school, when I lived in Albuquerque, NM. One day I arranged to visit her in Santa Fe, about an hour away. Her mom was there to chaperone. But we went for an unsupervised walk in the neighborhood, then came back to the house. I then noticed she had a piano. Sitting down at the bench, I told her, "I wrote this song about you" and played. Then, no reaction. Lee thought to himself, "Woman, how canst thou listen with such indifference? Art thou made of ice?"

So I moved on, and recorded the song in a few different versions. On the version you will hear, I recruited my trumpet-playing buddy Mel.

Dig my most popular song on Amie Street so far (from the album "Jazz & Blues"):
http://amiestreet.com/listen/song/shareListen/1210501/

No comments: