Monday, October 6, 2008

Amiss

The second track which I recorded and sent with my college applications was "Amiss." In tenth grade, I went to a movie with a certain girl who had already told me she wanted to be "just friends." I hoped the experience of being on the date would magically change her mind. Not this time. The next day, I wasn't feeling so hot. I took a long walk around my neighborhood, listening to the Jimi Hendrix Experience album, "Axis/Bold as Love." I knew that through the transcendent power of his guitar and through his plaintive and soulful voice, Jimi felt my pain.

The first track in the series, "A Picture of You," shows the blooming sentiment of a crush. "Amiss" is the stage of realizing that this is, and probably will continue to be, unrequited.

Ian Smolkin again delivered, with a really nice improvised saxophone part. This is from the album, "In the Studio":
http://amiestreet.com/listen/song/shareListen/1210395/

1 comment:

Lee Istrail said...

Anyone have comments on this tune?