Monday, May 25, 2009

British Chick

British Chick is the third song from the album, "Love Is Not An Open Door."  Listen to the song and the album HERE on Amie Street.  British Chick was a college classmate originally from England, replete with a fabulous accent.  I had gotten to know her pretty well, and had a thing for her.  I sent her flowers and told her I thought she was peachy keen, and she then had a nice and straightforward discussion with me: "I just don't feel the same."  And we just put the whole thing behind us and continued as friends.  There was no cloak and dagger uncertainty, and no awkwardness; I found it utterly refreshing.
She was clearly enjoying attention from multiple suitors, but not in a way that says, "Look at me, I've got many guys wrapped around my finger."  British Chick is very classy.  As my line goes, "She's innocent but not naive / Her company is hard to leave."
Photo is by my official photog extraordinaire, Portside.

No comments: