Monday, May 11, 2009

Golden Afternoons




Golden Afternoons" is the second track from the album "Love Is Not An Open Door." Listen to the track and the album HERE.

In tenth grade I "went electric," and just like Dylan, I got protests that I was selling out and leaving my folk roots behind. But like Dylan, I persisted because I was being true to myself. This tune is an instrumental designed to accompany a teenager's romantic daydreaming.

Photo is by my trusty official photographer, Portside.

2 comments:

Bluesman said...

Hey man, I dig the light electric guitar groove. This sounds a bit like Jimi Hendrix's "May This Be Love" from 'Are You Experienced?'

Lee Istrail said...

You know what you're talkin' about. I was discovering Hendrix at the time, and I really like the guitar tone on the song. "Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all. . ." The Mitch Mitchell drum rhythm on it is pretty sweet, too.